Use your mobile banking app and smart-phone camera to snap a picture of the front and back of a paper check, then electronically and securely deposit it into your account. You save time and hassles by not traveling to a bank branch and not waiting in a teller line.
Just like a traditional deposit, you’ll need to endorse the check with a note under your signature: “For mobile deposit only.” Then you key in the amount on your phone, and take photos of the front and back of the check. That’s it. It is easy and convenient.
Here’s what you need to know:
Before you begin.
- You need to have a Midwest Community Bank account in good standing and have been a customer for at least 30 days.
- Be sure you’re enrolled in Online Banking and you’ve downloaded the Midwest Community Bank Mobile Banking App for your iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad®, or Android™.
- Checks you deposit should be payable to you as the account holder or business (if appropriate), and endorsed on the back with your signature or official company stamp with an endorsement of “Mobile Deposit”.
- Examples of checks that are NOT eligible for mobile deposit include*:
- Checks payable to others
- Checks missing signature of issuer
- Checks more than six months old
- Foreign checks and items not payable in U.S. currency
- Travelers checks, money orders, postal money orders, and U.S. Treasury checks
- Checks that exceed your available deposit limit
Now make your deposit. It’s simple.
- Launch the Midwest Community Bank Mobile Banking App from your mobile device and login. Your login credentials are the same as your Online Banking.
- Tap mobile deposit. If it’s your first time using mobile deposit, please read and accept the Mobile Deposit Service Agreement.
- Indicate the account into which you’d like to make your deposit.
- Enter the check amount.
- Sign the back of your check and write “For Mobile Deposit Only” below your signature.
- Tap Check Images to take photos of both sides of your check.
To ensure a clear photo, please place check on flat, dark-colored surface in a well-lit area. Position your device’s camera over the check to minimize angles, glare, and shadows. Align the check with the four corners of the guide image, and not the corners of your screen. Avoid objects and clutter around the check. Hold the device steady and take the picture.
- Deposit Confirmation. Once your deposit is submitted, you’ll see a confirmation on screen with a summary of your deposit details.
View deposits anytime in your Account History and see 30 days worth of your mobile deposit details including check images in View Recent Activity.
All deposits are subject to our Funds Availability Policy.
Once you’re done.
- Be sure you always log off completely when you finish using the Mobile Banking app.
- Write “Electronically Presented on [date]” across the top of the check – to protect against duplicate deposits.
- Securely store your check for 15 days after it has posted to your account.
- After 15 days, you can mark the check “VOID” and securely destroy it.
We’re ready to help. If you have questions, just call us at 844-494-4655 or visit your local Midwest Community Bank branch.